Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 13 and have completed the eighth grade, or age 14 through 20 years of age.
Venturing’s purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. The program encompasses exciting and meaningful activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, develop leadership skills, and become good citizens.
Young adults involved in Venturing will:
- Learn to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling the values in the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and other groups.
- Acquire skills in the areas of high adventure, sports, arts and hobbies, religious life, or Sea Scouting.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
Check out more about Cohasset Venture Crew 18 at their Facebook® page
If you are interesting in joining or contacting Crew 18, we can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com